Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 is the new sequel to Your Shape: Fitness Evolved, the #1 fitness game on Kinect. At a recent Xbox event, in Toronto Ontario, I had the opportunity to meet with game designer Nicola Godin and try out the new title. Not only was this my first time with Your Shape but also only a handful of times I had ever tried the kinect. I had a TON of fun and can’t wait to try it further!
Exercise your way with a customizable, social and fun experience that delivers serious results. As one of the most extensive fitness offerings on the market, Your Shape includes over 90 hours of activities. Your Shape provides an even wider array of activities to suit your tastes and fitness goals, including zen classes, latin dance and boot camp. The state-of-the-art motion tracking has been pushed to the next level with brand-new floor movements and an enhanced feedback system that guides you on how to improve your technique and results.
- WHERE FITNESS AND MAGIC MEET – Your Shape will take players into a stimulating world showcasing an array of captivating visual effects and an environment that will transform as their workouts evolve in the game. The improved player projection will allow players to see themselves in the Your Shape universe and keep a close eye on their workouts.
- FITNESS YOUR WAY – You choose how you want to play! Do you want a personal trainer to help meet your set fitness goals? Or do you want to focus on a specific muscle group? You can also build a program around the time you have to work out.
- A WORLD OF FITNESS IN YOUR LIVING ROOM – Your Shape contains activities for everyone and anyone. Players will be able to try new workout routines such as Latin, Hip-hop, Pop, African and Bollywood. There’s a broad selection of classes and games available, including Zen, Kick Boxing, Boot Camp and Jump Rope. A new and unique feature called Run the World will enable players to run virtually through the streets of New York, Paris or London and enjoy the environment.
- BEST-IN-CLASS TRACKING NOW WITH NEW FLOOR MOVES – With an enhanced feedback system, players can now get feedback on how to improve their technique and results. With this recent technology, Your Shape now tracks floor movements, allowing new activities such as push-ups and sit-ups.
- MONITOR YOUR PROGRESS AND CHALLENGE YOUR FRIENDS – Using Your Shape Center, players can monitor their progress, challenge their friends and see how they rank against players from across the world. They can also share their achievements on Facebook or keep in shape using Your Shape mobile applications. With hundreds of millions of calories already burned, our goal is for the community to burn 1billion calories collectively by the end of 2012.