Originally posted February 22nd, 2012 by Sharon at FromTheDPad
Check out the trailer below and then head on over to the DPad for all of the launch details including the preorder incentives!
Are you looking forward to The Darkness II by 2K Games and Digital Extremes? Do you love to draw? Did you happen to pick up The Darkness II: Confession on Free Comic Book Day? Are you a member of DevianArt.com? Could I possibly ask anymore leading questions?
DeviantArt.com (the web’s largest online social network for artists and art enthusiasts) is creating an opportunity for you to win an amazing The Darkness II prize pack while flexing your artistic muscles. The three prize packs include:
- The Darkness II video game
- Signed 100th Issue of
The Darkness Comic
- $1,000.00 Cash Prize (USD)
- 10,000 dA Points
- dA PRO Digital Artist Backpack
- 1-year Premium membership at deviantArt
- $750.00 Cash Prize (USD)
- 5,000 dA Points
- deviantWEAR Tee of their choice*
- 6-Month Premium Membership to devianArt
- $500.00 Cash Prize (USD)
- 2,500 dA Points
- deviantWEAR Tee of their choice*
- 3-Month Premium Membership
And here’s how to win:
Illustrate The Comic
Draw a page for the 100th Issue of The Darkness comic!
In the new game, The Darkness II by 2k Games, it’s been two years since Jackie Estacado took his revenge on those who killed his girlfriend and became the Don of a New York crime family. A strange and terrible power called The Darkness has remained locked tightly inside him, but now it’s ready to come out once again.
Let your own inner demons out to play and join Jackie in his brutal internal battle against The Darkness by drawing a
three-panel comic using the script created by Top Cow writers.
Become a pro by winning and have your three-panel comic published in the 100th issue of The Darkness comic.
How to get Started:
#1. Learn about The Darkness property so you can reference the look, style & feel of the existing comic book series. Click here to see The Darkness II: Confession comic for reference
#2. You must use the supplied storyboard for the 3 panels you are being asked to produce.
You must use the supplied storyboard for the 3 panels you are being asked to produce.
#3. Download the template for the 3-panel comic page. Download Template
#4. Once you’re done, submit the completed template as a .JPG or .PNG file! Submit
25 Semi-Finalists will be selected by full-time deviantART Staff.
From the Semi-Finalists, the final three winners will be selected by Marc Silvestri, the CEO and Founder of Top Cow Productions, Inc.!
All entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- Suitable for The Darkness Comic
- Success in Presenting the Storyboard
- Overall Impact of the Work
- Technical Skill
Entry must be received by 11:59:59PM (PT) on January 1, 2012 and be submitted through the contest gallery on deviantART.
- Entrant must be at least 18 years old;
- Entries must be in traditional or digital art mediums only;
- Entries must use the comic storyboard to illustrate within the provided Template;
- Entries must be submitted in the following dimension – full-bleed size of 6.875 inches x 10.437 inches (with a safe zone of 6.625 inches x 10.187 inches and live area of 6.125 inches x 9.687 inches);
- Entries may use the comic book example as a direct reference for how to present the characters and their environment;
- Entries may not use any watermarks or distinguishing artist marks (such as any signatures or symbols representing the artist);
- You may submit more than one entry;
- You must be a member of deviantART to enter. Membership is free; and
- Other requirements and restrictions apply, please read the Official Rules carefully.
Bioshock Infinite: E3 Trailer
Quite often I like to razz the staff about their various “fandoms”. Let’s face it, we all have those products, titles, or franchises that resonate with us more than others. Well now it is my turn to let out a fan girl *squee* of delight as I share with you the E3 Trailer for the newest iteration of one of my favourite franchises, Bioshock.
Irrational Games is back at it and, boy howdy, have they been hard at work. With an all new environment, a new scenario, and new abilities, this first person shooter utilizes a modified unreal engine 3 and will see release early in 2012. But you already knew that right? So let me cut to the chase and tantalize you with a new trailer and some exciting screens.
Ken Levine, creative director and co-founder of Irrational Games, has been all over E3 this week talking about the new title. In a bombshell announcement at the Sony Conference he disclosed that Irrational would be integrating PSMove functionality and that we should expect to have Irrational on the PSVISTA. So now that I have shared one of my most anticipated titles of E3, what’s yours?