PLAYSTATION®VITA (PS VITA) Technical Specifications direct from Sony.
PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) from Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) offers an unparalleledcombination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real world context, made possible by leveragingSCE’s experience from its acclaimed console and handheld entertainment systems.
Blurring the linesbetween interactive entertainment and reality, PS Vita enables revolutionary gaming experiences with dualanalog sticks, front and rear cameras, front multi-touch display, multi-touch rear pad, GPS, six-axis motionsensors, and three-axis electronic compass. This next generation portable entertainment system enables a revolutionary combination of rich gaming and social connectivity within a real world context.
Among the titles in development for PS Vita are offeringsfrom some of the biggest franchises as well as a myriad of original titles.
- Multi-touch 5-inch organic light emitting diode (OLED) front display
- Multi-touch pad on the rear of the device• Dual analog sticks
- Front and rear facing cameras
- A new game medium, a small flash memory based card, dedicated for PS Vita software titles
- Six-axis motion sensing system (three-axis gyroscope, three-axis accelerometer), Three-axiselectronic compass.
- Wi-Fi and 3G network connectivity
- PlayStation®Network access, including “LiveArea™” (a space for sharing with others), “near” (letsusers identify what friends in the vicinity are or were recently playing), “Party” (enables users toenjoy voice chat or text chat not only during online gaming, but also when they are playing differentgames or using different applications such as the internet browser), and “Activity” (it logs the latestaccomplishments from people playing the same games)
- Full PlayStation® Trophy Support
- Able to play PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) titles, minis and video from PlayStation®Store
And what else is great? The price point. $249.99 for Wifi systems and $299.00 for Wifi and 3G enabled systems.