Get Ready to Jump into the Octagon
Get Ready to Jump into the Octagon
UFC UNDISPUTED 3 RETURNS TO VIRTUAL OCTAGON ACTION IN JANUARY 2012 WITH INTENSE TOE-TO-TOE COMBAT AND INCREASED ACCESSIBILITY
THQ recently announced the new installment in the critically acclaimed and best-selling mixed martial arts (MMA) videogame franchise based on the Ultimate Fighting Championship®. Poised to take players inside the virtual Octagon® with extensive focus on intense toe-to-toe combat, impressive visual presentation and significantly increased accessibility, including the introduction of PRIDE® Mode, two new weight classes and an impressive playable roster of more than 150 UFC fighters, UFC Undisputed 3 is currently in development for the Xbox 360®video game and entertainment system and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, with a scheduled release of January 2012.
“UFC Undisputed 3 is on track to deliver an incredible virtual MMA experience unlike any other,” said Danny Bilson, Executive Vice President, Core Games, THQ. “This product is intense, engaging and highly competitive while still being extremely accessible, making it a must-have for millions of UFC fans, traditional fighting game enthusiasts and more casual sports fans around the world.”
And you know that we, at GamerFitNation, love the level of fitness that the UFC Undisputed franchise is bringing to gamers.
“We are excited to launch UFC Undisputed 3 in January 2012 and expect it to be the best version yet,” UFC President Dana White said. “We’ve added two new weight classes and several new features to the game that will bring UFC fans closer to the Octagon than ever before.”
In a recent press release THQ promised us that UFC Undisputed 3 will mark the debut of PRIDE Mode, enabling players to fight for the first time in the renowned Japanese MMA organization. The mode will include official commentators Bas Rutten and Stephen Quadros, authentic environments and notorious MMA rules, including the ability to execute soccer-style kicks, head stomps and ground knees to the head.
Finishing an opponent will be more important than ever through devastating new moves, responsive striking controls, refined visual presentation and the introduction of a brand new submission system. In addition, players will now enter the Octagon with a choice between traditional and simplified gameplay control options, enabling them, regardless of skill level, to experience the intensity of UFC and nuances of MMA combat while executing simple standing strikes or more complex ground and transition mechanics.
Players will also experience the excitement of a live UFC event through significant visual improvements, including the introduction of much-anticipated fighter entrances, new camera positions, improved facial animations and a gritty, high contrast appearance. They will enter into battle with an unparalleled choice of more than 150 playable UFC fighters, including talent from the newly added featherweight and bantamweight divisions. Rounding out the virtual UFC experience with a significantly revamped online experience, as well as a variety of new and returning gameplay modes, UFC Undisputed 3 lets players have their fights – their way – to deliver the most intense, competitive and engaging experience to date for the franchise.
This sounds like an amazing UFC experience making its way to Xbox 360 and PS3! UFC Undisputed 3 will be available in January 2012, just in time for your new year’s resolutions.
Key Features Include
- PRIDE MODE – Compete for the first time within the legendary PRIDE environment featuring official announcers and renowned Japanese MMA league rules, including soccer-style kicks, head stomps and ground knees to the head.
- FINISH THE FIGHT – With punishing new moves, a brand new submission system and increased focus on presentation, players will have more options than ever to take advantage of a downed opponent.
- FROM BROADCAST TO CAGE-SIDE – Experience the intensity of UFC with new camera positions, compelling fighter entrances, improved facial animations and a gritty, high contrast appearance.
- GAMEPLAY ACCESSIBILITY – Get inside the Octagon with a choice between traditional and simplified gameplay control options, enabling players of all skill levels to experience the intensity of UFC while executing simple standing strikes or more complex ground and transition mechanics.
- EXTRAORDINARY ROSTER – Go head to head with more than 150 prolific UFC fighters, including the addition of Featherweight and Bantamweight divisions.
- EXTENSIVE ONLINE OFFERING – A significantly revamped online experience, including both new and updated features, rounds out the best competitive fighting experience to date for the franchise.